Sampler not playing stereo, makes all samples mono

• Voideco
    Participant

Hi all.

When I load a stereo wave of a drumtrack in my sampler, it is always being played mono. Can’t seem te get it playing in stereo. Is there anything I’m doing wrong or overlooking?

Anyone?

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Hi all. When I load a stereo wave of a drumtrack in my sampler, it is always being played mono. Can’t seem te get it playing in stereo. Is there anything I’m doing wrong or overlooking? Anyone?

Have you maybe accidentally inserted a mono instance of Falcon in your DAW? Or is there an effect module in Falcon processing the sampler’s signal so it becomes mono?

Voideco
    Participant

Hi Sampleconstruct, thank you for answering.

I always put Falcon on a stereo aux track, and have no fx on the sample. So it  puzzles me that the samples are still being played in mono. Also in the edit window, although there is a L & R section of the sample, beneath eachother, the waves there look identical.

I shall take a look if the samples are actually stereo or mono in another editor, although I know I bounced them as a a stereo wave. I’ll keep y’all posted.

Voideco
    Participant

Hell I think I’ve got it.

It’s 2 mono samples loaded at the same note. It says “simplebreakbeatL.wav” and “simplebreakbeatR.wav” in the same edit. Looking at my sample directory, it’s all mono samples, each breakbeat a L and a R wav. So that doubles the amount of files.

I remember having issues with bouncing before. What I must have done for this song, can’t recall exactly but I think, in Falcon, in the browser window at the right, I selected the L and R sample of a breakbeat, and drew them both to the edit window, on the keyboard inside the Falcon program. Don’t know if that works. Now I also remember stereo files being played in mono, but I’ll have to create all samples again to be sure, in stereo, because as of now I can only find mono samples in my sample directory.

Apparently dragging two mono samples into a keygroup doesn’t work, although the edit shows a left and a right section. But both waves there look exactly the same.

Hmm, that’s gonna be a lot of work, mixing and bouncing all samples to stereo waves again. Done that before, but it never worked so I don’t know what happened. Apart from that, I can’t find the stereo waves back on my drive.

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Hell I think I’ve got it. It’s 2 mono samples loaded at the same note. It says “simplebreakbeatL.wav” and “simplebreakbeatR.wav” in the same edit. Looking at my sample directory, it’s all mono samples, each breakbeat a L and a R wav. So that doubles the amount of files. I remember having issues with bouncing before. What I must have done for this song, can’t recall exactly but I think, in Falcon, in the browser window at the right, I selected the L and R sample of a breakbeat, and drew them both to the edit window, on the keyboard inside the Falcon program. Don’t know if that works. Now I also remember stereo files being played in mono, but I’ll have to create all samples again to be sure, in stereo, because as of now I can only find mono samples in my sample directory. Apparently dragging two mono samples into a keygroup doesn’t work, although the edit shows a left and a right section. But both waves there look exactly the same. Hmm, that’s gonna be a lot of work, mixing and bouncing all samples to stereo waves again. Done that before, but it never worked so I don’t know what happened. Apart from that, I can’t find the stereo waves back on my drive.

Well one keygroup holds one sample oscillator playing one sample, so if you would want to use -L/-R samples you would have to use two keygroups in Falcon to play them and pan them hard left/right to achieve a stereo playback.

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

I moved this topic to the “Troubleshooting” section of the forum.

Voideco
    Participant

Thank you Sampleconstruct, that explains something. Still wondering how to use stereo waves, but I can sort that out I think.

Thank you 🙂

Voideco
    Participant

Dear ones, Sampleconstruct & others.

I have been fiddling along with keygroups. One for left channel, one for right channel. My aim is to have L & R triggered by one and the same midi note from my host application, so I put both keygroups on the same key on the keyboard. That doesn’t work. Is there a way to have both the L and the R sample being triggered by one and the same note? Or should I put L @ C3 and R on C#3 or something like that? In the latter case I’d have to use two different midi notes for one and the same drumtrack. How do you guys deal with this?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.