Replicating Harmor’s “Pluck” and “Phase Random” with Falcon

• Horizon
    Participant

Hey everyone!

I am trying to replicate the “PLUCK” button found on ImageLine’s Harmor soft synth. I kinda get close but I can’t make it work. It just sounds infinitely better with Harmor, though I want to do it in Falcon so I can use Falcon’s event processors.

Also, Harmor has a phase randomize (spectral randomness) button, that when turned 100%, gives a saw wave a very edgy sound. Not really sure how this could be achieved with Falcon either.

Any advice would be awesome!

Thanks,
    Horizon

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Welcome to the forum. As I don’t know Harmor I can’t help you here. Falcon does not have a spectral oscillator so achieving identical sonic results as in Harmor might be impossible. For edginess, check the available distortion modules on keygroup level (per voice) and apply a random modulator to various parameters so that with each new note played the parameters are changed randomly (does not work on layer/program level). Maybe the additive oscillator comes closest to the Harmor sound.

Horizon
    Participant

Hey Simon,

Super sorry for the late response! Been away over Christmas and have only come back now.

Thanks for the answer, I appreciate it! Well, if it would help, I could create a sound sample in which you can hear what the pluck and phase randomization do. It’s both kind of simple but at the same time hard to replicate in Falcon.

I have not had any success using the additive oscillator in Falcon. Given what additive synthesis can do, I find Falcon’s additive oscillator leaves a lot to wish for (but that’s another topic).

Now something else: When I try to modulate a filter cut off on Program level, it seems not to be possible to use Envelopes (which is a shame). LFOs do work, but how can I make them trigger only once? I can’t seem to get this done and having to apply the same modulation on every keygroup seems very inconvienent. Any tips on that?

Cheers,

Horizon

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Well that’s how it is by design, if you want retriggering/polyphonic behavior, use things on keygroup level.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.