Make Multi-Envelope trigger only once by midi, then loop synced to host

• Horizon
    Participant

Hi! 🙂

I have an arpeggiated Midi section in 16th notes with each Midi note triggering an Envelope to close a filter within Falcon.

Now I’d like to gradually open up the filter on certain specific Midi notes. A Multi-Envelope would let me draw in the specific motion I’d like to have, but setting it to “no retrigger” means that it randomly starts somewhere but not on the “one” of the 4/4 beat. Setting it to “retrigger” mode wouldn’t work either because it gets triggered by each Midi note, not just the first one. Using an LFO would work in theory but does not give me the control because there is no grid for orientation, so it’s very random and not effective.

I can do it using host automation but I’d like to do it within Falcon so I can save it as a template. Using a single long Midi note and getting the arpeggio motion done with the built-in arpeggiator is no option as well because I’d like to use the same Midi events across various synths and would like to avoid reprogamming the Midi notes each time.

Any tips and tricks would be very much appreciated! 🙂

Thank you!

-Horizon

Horizon
    Participant

Anyone knows how to get this done? 🙂

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Use “Song Position“ as trigger mode, I’ll check if that is available on keygroup level.

Horizon
    Participant

Thanks for your reply, Simon! I appreciate it 🙂

Unfortunately, “Song Position” Trigger mode is only available for LFO’s but not Multi Envelopes. 🙁

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

But you can use an LFO on layer/program level, proceed as follows:

In a given key-group right click on the parameter you want to assign, add Layer/LFO, set LFO to “Song“, then it will work, if you use a custom shape within the LFO and draw in the modulation curve yourself. It’s just a workaround but hey 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.