How do disable the “following sample has been changed” prompt

• neilcmanson
    Participant

Anyone know of any way to disable the “the following sample has been changed” prompt  – i am seeing if I can switch from Prophet X to Falcon, using sets of samples that number 80 plus – if I normalise, or do anything in Falcon, then it prompts to save changes or cancel (there is no option to “do the same for all samples”), means clicking 80-100 times to move on!

I know one option is “don’t change any samples in Falcon” (and that may be the answer, but it would be nice to be able to edit, without getting RSI from clicking the same prompt again and again!)

Best wishes

Neil

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by neilcmanson.

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

I don’t think there is a batch edit function for that, as Falcon is editing the samples destructively you will have to save the samples otherwise all your changes will be lost.

neilcmanson
    Participant

Thanks – i had a reply from UVI, who suggested turning off the “warn of unsaved changes” option in preferences – that doesn’t work.   Nor does their other suggestion – “save multi and samples as. . . ”

In both cases, there is still the need to manually click save/cancel for every sample.

It’s not a huge problem,  the Prophet X synth doesn’t have option to batch normalise when loaded, so I have gotten into the habit of tidying things up before loading.

best wishes

Neil

neilcmanson
    Participant

Update – problem solved – UVI got back to me with another suggestion

“Create a new FL Studio project with a Falcon track
    Import multiple samples to Falcon
    Apply a batch modification to the samples
    Use the option Save Program and Samples as… from Falcon’s menu
    Save project ”

From my brief testing it seems that if you do this, then do another batch process, it’s best to do a quick “save as” after the batch process (you can save to the same program, overwriting the original) – then there is no need to save the changes individually.

Thanks to UVI for their help here!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.