Issues in multiple DAW's with stutter when UI is open

• exmatproton
    Participant

Hi,

Big Falcon fan. However, since (i guess) 1.1.3, i am having trouble getting smooth playback of the synth while the UI is open. I’ve tried multiple DAW’s (FL Studio 12.2/12.3/12.4, Ableton 9.6/9.7 and Reaper 5.1+) on a Windows 10, x64, machine.

Core i7, 4970K @4,8GHz, 16GBDDR3 @1600MHz, Samsung EVO850 SSD, AMD RX480 4GB.

Everything is smooth, nice and dandy when the UI is closed. However, when it is opened and i add some stuff and play some notes, the sound gets choppy/stuttery. Like my latency is sey too low (this isn’t the case btw).

Anyone else have this problem? Maybe even a solution??

Thnx!

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

I’ve not come across this, there is no difference with UI opened or closed concerning CPU load on my computers.

exmatproton
    Participant

No. The usage on my system is the same, with the UI opened or closed. But the sound gets stuttery. Weird issue.

exmatproton
    Participant

Btw,

I already did the usual troubleshooting; reinstalling, higher my buffersize, change the renderertype (openGL on/off), try different DAW’s. Updated my drivers (AMD, Intel, etc…). I can’t try another computer however.

exmatproton
    Participant

Ok,

The issue was f.lux.

I de-installed f.lux and now everything is working properly. I must have installed f.lux around the time Falcon was updated to 1.1.3

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.