Why do i need modulators to turn off Analog synth sound

• KiLa
    Participant

Hi all, falcon noob here so go easy with me 🙂

If i add Analog synth, two modulators are also add – Pitch bend at program level, to modulate Pitch in Analog synth, and Analog ADSR at keygroup level, to modulate keygroup gain. If i turn one of them off, the sound will not stop when i release the key.

Why do i need two modulators to turn off the synth sound? The Pitch Bend doesn’t even seem to have any controls?!?!

-k

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Well an oscillator without an amplitude envelope will just sound forever, that’s how it is and that’s why Falcon automatically links a new envelope to every oscillator you add. You could later remove all the amp envelopes from the individual keygroups and add an envelope on program level which you can link to all existing keygroups. And if you don’t need the pitch bend control just delete it – open tree view, click on the control you want to delete, right click -> delete node.

KiLa
    Participant

Thx Simon. I was kinda thinking that it had to be something like that. Haven’t read the entire manual yet, but what does the Pitch Bend modulator actually do? It doesn’t seem to have any controls, and i cannot remove or power off it: it seems that both – Pitch Ben and Analog ADSR – are required in order to cancel the sound after release.

-k

cwmod
    Participant

It’s easy to find out whether Pitch Wheel is involved: just right – click the Keygroup Gain knob, and select ‘Edit Modulators’. Normally you’ll just see the Amp. Envelope here.
    If – for whatever reason – there’s also Pitch Bend, just click on the ‘x’ on the right side of the tab.
    But maybe your keyboard is broken (hanging notes)?

KiLa
    Participant

Thx Simon, problem was on me end..between the monitor and the chair 😀

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.