Scrolling through different LFOs

• lego
    Participant

Hello! First of all, this forum is really a great initiative. Highly appreciated!

So, I am working on a sampler instrument with multiple layers. One of the layers contains a number of instances of the Ircam granular oscillator. The Position knob is mapped to two LFOs that I can switch between using a macro, alternately turning the LFOs on and off. Now, would there be a way to add more LFOs with different shapes and switching between them by only using one macro? For instance LFO 1 is turned on when the macro has a value between 0 and 10, LFO 2 when the macro value is 11 – 21, LFO 3 22 – 32 and so on.

I guess a workaround would be max/msp and OSC or stacking the samples on one key and assigning different LFOs to them, but I am hoping to find a more elegant solution. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Welcome to the forum!

Maybe modulation mappers could do the job, but just thinking about it hasn’t brought me to a solution yet, I need to be in fort of Falcon in order to try this. I would probably just use key-switches and switch between layers, the other layers could remain un-switched and only the layer with the granular oscillators would be affected by the key-switches. One can also script the key-switches so that they become available in the user interface. But maybe it can be done with a single Macro.

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

I am getting somewhere switching three LFOs on and off with a single Macro using Modmappers, but haven’t yet exactly achieved what you’re looking for.

lego
    Participant

THANK YOU! Using modulation mappers for each LFO on/off works. I have currently assigned the possition knob to five LFOs with different shapes, and can switch between them using a single macro. So when the on/off button of for example LFO 3 is assigned to the macro, and the modmapper range 55-76 is set to 1, the macro turns the LFO on when it reaches the corresponding values, and turns it off when it reaches a point outside that range.

Again – thanks a lot!

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

THANK YOU! Using modulation mappers for each LFO on/off works. I have currently assigned the possition knob to five LFOs with different shapes, and can switch between them using a single macro. So when the on/off button of for example LFO 3 is assigned to the macro, and the modmapper range 55-76 is set to 1, the macro turns the LFO on when it reaches the corresponding values, and turns it off when it reaches a point outside that range. Again – thanks a lot!

Yes indeed, I figured that out a little later at around 5 am in the morning :), glad we found a solution!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.