Modify/Create sound banks?

• Dewdman42
    Participant

Is it possible to add presets to sound banks or to create entirely new user sound banks?  I notice that any custom presets I have are not included in search, which only seems to include UFS sound bank files…  UFS files are a binary format…  Does falcon provide any means to modify or create UFS sound bank files?

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Is it possible to add presets to sound banks or to create entirely new user sound banks? I notice that any custom presets I have are not included in search, which only seems to include UFS sound bank files… UFS files are a binary format… Does falcon provide any means to modify or create UFS sound bank files?

If you want to create an UFS container you have to buy iLok licenses from UVI. But I created all my sound libraries for Falcon creating my own folder structure which works perfectly well for distributing sounds:

Library Name/

Subfolders for

• Images
    • IRs
    • Presets/Subfolders
    • Samples/Subfolders
    • Wavetables

It’s best to move everything into the folders first before starting to to program, that way you will always have the correct paths stored within the presets.

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

I’ll move this thread to the General Discussion-forum.

EmptyVessel.NZ
    Participant

Is it possible to add presets to sound banks or to create entirely new user sound banks? I notice that any custom presets I have are not included in search, which only seems to include UFS sound bank files… UFS files are a binary format… Does falcon provide any means to modify or create UFS sound bank files?

If you want to create an UFS container you have to buy iLok licenses from UVI. But I created all my sound libraries for Falcon creating my own folder structure which works perfectly well for distributing sounds: Library Name/ Subfolders for

• Images
    • IRs
    • Presets/Subfolders
    • Samples/Subfolders
    • Wavetables

It’s best to move everything into the folders first before starting to to program, that way you will always have the correct paths stored within the presets.

Thank you for this information Simon, can I clarify under Presets and Samples you state Subfolders – what do you envisage these subfolders being for, or more importantly are they a necessity? I could see separating Pads/Bass/Lead etc. in the presets area perhaps but I take it to have all presets under the Presets folder and all samples used in a single Samples folder would be fine as far as Falcon is concerned?

Apologies if this is clear if one owns any UVI (or yours) expansions but at this stage I don’t own any.

All the best.

Greg.

Imperfection obsessed sound designer
    Professional patches and samples for composers and manufacturers.
    Empty Vessel Store

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Well, using sub-folder inside the Presets/Samples/Wavetables-folder helps keeping things organised but you don’t have to install them. I often use sub-folders for preset categories, e.g. Soundscapes, Drones, Pads, Leads, Sequencer, Percussion and whatnot. In the samples-folder I also install sub-folders depending on the size of the sample content, e.g. it makes sense to collect samples for large multi-sampled instruments inside a dedicated folder in case the user wants to build his own instruments using these samples.

EmptyVessel.NZ
    Participant

Makes perfect sense Simon, thanks for the info and the response.

Imperfection obsessed sound designer
    Professional patches and samples for composers and manufacturers.
    Empty Vessel Store

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.