MIDI CC mapping

• KiLa
    Participant

Hi, I’m trying to control Comb filter Resonance parameter via MIDI, but the value is extremely sensitive 😀

I would like to have a way to control how much one CC changes value, and then use that value as a…modulation source for the Resonance parameter?!?!

Is there a way to create script based modulation, or something? I noticed that there is ‘Script event modulation’ modulation source but didn’t find any help on how to use it.

-k

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Try assigning the resonance to a Macro, then assign the MW to that Macro (right click on Macro->assign), you can add a modulation mapper in between if you want to use exponential curves for the modulation range.

KiLa
    Participant

Hi, I probably didn’t understand exactly what you said, but I also found the ‘assign to macro’ solution, and then using Ratio slider in Edit page for the macro, I can control how much one CC increases the value. It works fine, except: MIDI CC 0 is mapped to value 0, and I would like to map the MICI 0-127 to…99.5-99,7..ish.

-k

KiLa
    Participant

To answer my own question:

1. Right click control and select MIDI Learn
    2. Adjust the amount slider, in modulation editor, to specify how much each MIDI CC message changes the value
    3. Adjust the offset slider, in modulation editor, to set the ‘start’ value for the controlled value

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.