Keytrack LFO: Modulate at fequency of note

• Horizon
    Participant

Hello everyone, Hello Simon!

I’d like to make a white noise bass with the white noise’s amplitude being modulated on and off by the pitch (frequency) of the note being played.

So I am trying to find a way to modulate LFO speed at the exact frequency of the note being played (for example F1 43.65 hz, A1 55hz, F2 87.31hz and so on).

Any way to do this or any other suggestion other than using an LFO?

Cheers!
    Klaus

• This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Horizon.

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

The max speed of the LFOs in Falcon is not fast enough to achieve this, if they were you would use the linear key follow modulator and set the modulation amount to 0.50171665943996868 – that way you can also tune filters which don’t have a key track parameter implemented.

Horizon
    Participant

Thank you Simon. Yes, I used the key follow modulator and realized the LFO max out at 20hz. Do you know any other way to achieve a volume on / off at the Hertz-rate of every individual note?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Horizon.

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Thank you Simon. Yes, I used the key follow modulator and realized the LFO max out at 20hz. Do you know any other way to achieve a volume on / off at the Hertz-rate of every individual note?

The multi-envelope allows for much faster modulation speeds at audio rate, explained in this video:

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

So you would modulate the speed knob of the multi-envelope with a linear key track modulator.

Horizon
    Participant

Ahhhh, that’s clever! Totally makes sense! I’m super bummed for not thinking about this myself.. haha!

I love it, thank you so, so much! 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.