How to Create Your Own Soundbank

• DonnieA
    Participant

How do you create your own Soundbank ( “ufs” file) in Falcon 2?  I want to take some of the programs I’ve created, and some of the multi’s and put them all into one ufs Soundbank file.  I can’t see how to do that.  I can’t find it in the manual, the website, or on how to videos.  It can’t be that difficult.

Can someone please either show me how to do it, or point me to a tutorial or explanation of how its done?  Thank you.

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

How do you create your own Soundbank ( “ufs” file) in Falcon 2? I want to take some of the programs I’ve created, and some of the multi’s and put them all into one ufs Soundbank file. I can’t see how to do that. I can’t find it in the manual, the website, or on how to videos. It can’t be that difficult. Can someone please either show me how to do it, or point me to a tutorial or explanation of how its done? Thank you.

You will have to license the ufs-format with UVI, pay license fees and so forth. It’s not for free.

DonnieA
    Participant

You will have to license the ufs-format with UVI, pay license fees and so forth. It’s not for free.

You’ve got to be kidding.  And where is this little fact mentioned on their website?  I’ve found nothing about any of this.  How does anyone even learn about this?

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

You’ve got to be kidding. And where is this little fact mentioned on their website? I’ve found nothing about any of this. How does anyone even learn about this?

No, not kidding at all.

DonnieA
    Participant

So I heard from Alexandre at UVI on this. For anyone interested, here’s what he said:

“If you want to save your work as a monolithic UFS file, you will have to contact our Partner Team and draw up a dedicated contract that implies licensing fees as UFS (which stands UVI File System) is a proprietary format.”

Here’s link to the inquiry screen.

There’s a fee involved as well.

I can understand their wanting to ensure quality and protecting proprietary formats.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.