Falcon 1.2 Released

• BlueField
    Participant

“Version 1.2 expands Falcon with 100 newly crafted factory presets, 3 new effects (Phasor, Phasor Filter and Diode Clipper), an updated IRCAM Stretch oscillator, enhancements to Dual Delay, Xpander Filter, Rotary, UVI Wide and Tilt.”

Learn more about Falcon 1.2

• This topic was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by BlueField.

Falcon • Logic Pro

ErikH
    Participant

Phasor is quite impressive indeed. Diode seems to depend more on the input.
    Ircam Stretch…wow!
    Thanks UVI!

Babz
    Participant

Greetings Faloners!

This reminded me to check back and see if the new forum was up and running yet… and what a thing of beauty did my wondering eyes behold. Thanks to whoever but this thing together. I look forward to digging in to the new update — and the new forum!

Cheerz,

Babz

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

I’ve been working with the various Betas of version 1.2 over the last six weeks and I’m also very impressed with the new Phasor FX and filters, on keygroup level modulating it with things like key follow and LFOs and steppers at high feedback levels, it produces timbres one would not relate to a phaser, more to a complex resonator. The newUI design for some of the effects like the hybrid filters is very helpful, the re-synthesizing features in IRCAM stretch produce amazing results too and I have put the clipper to very good use too, nice addition to the already great waveshaper – really good work by the UVI team!

That was my praise of the evening…

Frequency
    Participant

Just seen the news and installed, really liking this new update Olivier. Great updates all around but In particular I like the new effect phasor,  now backtracking to incorporate it in some of my older designs. I do have IRCAM’s TS, so I was glad to see the inclusion of more of its features in Falcon.

Thanks UVI, keep up the good work.

_TIP_
    Participant

Nice update, just a little disappointed that they didn’t add the UNDO function and fix the PDC  on some of the FX yet… Falcon is probably the only vst that doesn’t  have those too industry standard functions…

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Yeah, I could do with an Undo, but I have adapted to the workflow of saving almost every single editing step so if something fubars, I simply load the previous version of a given patch.

RobGee
    Participant

Nice update, just a little disappointed that they didn’t add the UNDO function and fix the PDC on some of the FX yet… Falcon is probably the only vst that doesn’t have those too industry standard functions…

What effects require PDC out of interest?

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Nice update, just a little disappointed that they didn’t add the UNDO function and fix the PDC on some of the FX yet… Falcon is probably the only vst that doesn’t have those too industry standard functions…

From the top of my head: both limiters, some distortion modules with oversampling (e.g. waveshaper), Olivier might join the discussion to clarify.

RobGee
    Participant

From the top of my head: both limiters, some distortion modules with oversampling (e.g. waveshaper), Olivier might join the discussion to clarify.

I haven’t used Falcon that much since purchase. I’ve previously been using an Emu E4 Platinum, Emulator X3 and Kontakt 5 (which I never liked that much), so far I’m rather impressed with Falcon.

Been trying out 1.2 tonight, I like the updated xpander filter and other modules. I was also using the Waveshaper with 16x oversampling and didn’t notice anything going out of sync although it was only with a bass that had been split into sub and mid (with the waveshaper on the mid).

I’ll see how the timing is when using it with some drums next time.  I’m using Cubase, I presume this PDC thing is affecting all hosts.

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

I never had any PDC issues myself tbh, I would just assume that the Maximizer with it’s lookahead function is not latency compensated.

pat
    Participant

Yeah, I could do with an Undo, but I have adapted to the workflow of saving almost every single editing step so if something fubars, I simply load the previous version of a given patch.

It’d be nice if there were a “save version” button so yiu can do this with one click, rather than save as and edit the name each time.

_TIP_
    Participant

I agree but actually would be even nicer to just have an UNDO function like every other VST(I) on the planet. Now about save function, i would love to see the option to be able to save multis or just programs with all the samples included and when you move the location of your project to just automatically load everything without asking for missing samples… Another huge thing that is missing in my opinion is an audio input and also the option to receive fm from another Oscillator like in Serum. I still hope that we will have some of those features in the near future, but i don’t hold my breath, usually big companies they don’t listen to there customers… Those small little things, they make me still use Serum for synthesis and Tx16wx as for sampling.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.