Can't Import Multisamples

• Anonymous
    Inactive

I can’t seem to import multisamples to the sample editor properly.  I’m on a Win-10 PC system, 64bit, running Falcon 2 on Pro Tools 2019.6

From the Falcon browser, I located a group of multisamples I wanted to use to begin creating a patch.  There’s 16 samples, 24bit WAV files with filenames in the format “SampleName_C3.WAV” so the proper note key of the sample is in the name.  I select the 16 samples in the Falcon browser and drag over to the sample mapping region, hold the ALT key…but the Sample Drag/Drop Menu with the drag and drop options simply will not appear.  Which means, I can’t tell Falcon how to map the samples properly.  The only option I have is to drag each sample over one at a time to its proper key, select all, then map across the keyboard.

I can not understand why the sample drag/drop menu will not show up.  As far as I know you select your samples, drag over to the sample mapping area, hold ALT along with the mouse button, and when menu appears, make your choice.  Only…I have no menu no matter what I do.

I even tried  it with Falcon in VST mode hosted in Blue Cat Audio’s Patchwork.  Same issue.  I reported it to UVI, but wondered if anyone else has had this problem?  Its annoying as heck as one of the things I’ve wanted to do is create patches off some of multisamples I’ve got.  But dragging them one at a time…geesh!  Can anyone suggest anything?

Thanks!

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Strange, it works fine on my side, maybe it’s an issue with your system setup? Have you contacted UVI support (they don’t lurk around these premises).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Strange, it works fine on my side, maybe it’s an issue with your system setup? Have you contacted UVI support (they don’t lurk around these premises).

I’m sure its not my system set-up.  I’ve gone to great lengths to make my studio computer compliant for audio, especially for Pro Tools, which is my main DAW.  There’s nothing fussier than PT.

I did put in a report ticket to UVI on it.  I was just hoping someone here might have had a similar issue.  You’re right it is VERY strange.  I used Eli Kratzenberg’s “Falcon Explained” video on Groove 3 and had his video on one screen and Falcon on the other and did everything he did step for step.  No joy!  There’s a glitch somewhere in how its reading sample files.   I can’t even get the menu to pop up with a single sample.  Its like Falcon doesn’t recognize when I’m holding down the ALT key or something.  Weird!

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Can you try it in Falcon standalone (not in your DAW), if it works in standalone mode it would be related to PT.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.