Are we ever going to see Undo in Falcon?

• _TIP_
    Participant

The answer is No!

UNDO IN FALCON

After that answer i’m very close to sell my licence. Falcon is great but is very frustrating working in big projects without undo…

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

But really – lack of undo as a reason to drop an instrument, which is “great” as you say? Just get used to saving your patches frequently, before a bigger edit and after a successful edit.

_TIP_
    Participant

First of all it’s not only the undo that kills me, believe me, i bought Falcon so i could just only use Falcon in my productions since it covers almost everything as a plugin! Another huge (bug or missing feature) whatever you want to call it is that some FX they don’t report PDC to the Host (Seriously UVI?). Also, i wish i could have an audio input and i wish i could FM the Wavetable OSC… Now about the undo, when i just create one patch, there is no big of a deal, barely goes something wrong, but when you have a single instance of Falcon loaded with many programs that each one has many layers running, trust me, the easiest thing is something to go really bad, unfortunately it almost happens every time to me in big and complex projects … Again, i love the program but is a lot of frustration to me and for $350 should have at least the most basic Feature (UNDO).

terrablue
    Participant

Hmm, I find also very questionable, which does not come full UNDO support.

Steinberg has also succeeded in integrating a complete UNDO function into HALion.

HALion is also complex.

I think, the programmers at UVI do not seem to be the best. Multicore support will not come because they do not fail to implement it.

VST3 is not there yet.

_TIP_
    Participant

I personally don’t think that they are not that good, obviously they created one of the best instruments ever made (Really close to be the best IMO), the problem is that they work for a big company and they don’t really care, it’s the (Apple) kind of thing problem , even if they loose a few customers is not going to affect there business, so they don’t care… Hopefully they’ll start listening to what we are all saying for over a year now, so it will be best for everyone. After Bitwig, i believe Falcon is the second most listed program on KVR’s Marketplace forum, that means something to me and is sad, i say that because i really love Falcon. So, to make it simple, if Otristan or any other UVI team member is reading that post: PLEASE!!! Add UNDO, add Multicore Support, be able to FM Wavetable OSC, fix the non PDC report to the host for some fx, add VST3 version. If you read that post, hopefully we won’t get the same answer again (it’s COMPLEX), it was really complex for us too to find $350.

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

UVI is not a big company, it’s a rather small company, a bunch of very dedicated people, not at all the Apple type.

_TIP_
    Participant

Sorry, my fault! I thought UVI was almost as big as Native Instruments (for sure nowhere near Apple)! Anyway, my point is that, i personally believe UVI has very skilled developers that not many other companies have, so things like my previous post shouldn’t be too complex for them, or at least try something out and stop shutting us down with the (is too COMPLEX) answer.

Asensory
    Participant

We most definitely need an UNDO. For $350 skins, yeah it should be a priority. I would save my work as I go along, but I can’t recall/reload any multis I save at the moment (post on this created in Troubleshooting section).

manualcontroler
    Participant

If anyone at UVI is reading this, I would also REALLY, for real, like really, appreciate an Undo button. I save my patches all the time, but at least once a session—using the jog wheel or what have you—I accidentally change a parameter, have no idea what changed and have to reload. It is a bummer losing work.

I test-drove Halion and their Undo/Redo function was invaluable. I used it constantly. That feature alone almost made me choose it as my sampler. The function is also very beneficial for A/B’ing sounds.

My 3 cents …

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

If anyone at UVI is reading this, I would also REALLY, for real, like really, appreciate an Undo button. I save my patches all the time, but at least once a session—using the jog wheel or what have you—I accidentally change a parameter, have no idea what changed and have to reload. It is a bummer losing work. I test-drove Halion and their Undo/Redo function was invaluable. I used it constantly. That feature alone almost made me choose it as my sampler. The function is also very beneficial for A/B’ing sounds. My 3 cents …

As this is the “unofficial” Falcon forum, don’t expect the UVI developers to read this, if you want to make sure, they do, send them an e-mail to their support address.

manualcontroler
    Participant

Good call. I’ll do that. Thanks!

Mixchief
    Participant

I think manualcontroler nailed it. It’s like buying a pair of jogging shoes except they only gave you one shoe. You either run with it or you don’t.

Undo is what MAKES software. It’s comparable to essentials like Copy/Paste. You can’t leave it out… if you’re not selling a proof of concept alpha version (which should be priced accordingly).

Before someone says it: Yes, this IS ranting and negativism. Not because I want to, but because I can’t hold it back… I’m THAT frustrated. Why? Because of the exact same reason manualcontroler mentioned: I need to be able to A / B test things.

I’ll say it again: A / B test things. Doesn’t matter how excellent it sounds. UVI, I assume you read this because this is the most populated forum in lieu of an official one, I think you should concentrate all efforts on making application-wide Undo the highest priority and THE ONLY FEATURE of your next major update. It’s never wrong to admit that we have a problem, and I think your users (and future ones) will LOVE YOU for implementing “only” this one feature.

falconuser20
    Participant

I think a undo of the sample edit is maybe not too hard to implement but help much. i currently want cut end of sample and mark a range and choose crop. then the wrong was cut. so i wish undo the sample edit only. a undo function need only store the sample before the menu operation and when call undo load it again.

I have studio one and there is a compare feature. but when i choose copy change a knob, the compare button did not come. i guess falcon did not send modify data for the vst.  maybe falcon can easy enhance that it send modify data to DAW. ?.

estevancarlos
    Participant

Undo is complex although to what extent it is for Falcon makes me curious. Honestly I think they should aim for another objective as an alternative IF they can’t implement undos: more advanced saving options with versioning. The fact is that if they at least consider a way in which users can frequently and easily save their versions of their development, than can function as an undo.

I’m also considering using git with my Falcon development.

falconuser20
    Participant

A easy way for undo is also store the diffrence of the last VST and sample data. does developer here read too ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_encoding

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.