Two things I want to modulate / automate – slice start & coarse tune

• pat
    Participant

I’ve got an idea I’d like to implement in Falcon – I want to have a sliced file (rx2) that I can play starting from different slices, and play it at different pitches.

But unfortunately, the slice start doesn’t seem to be a modulation / automation target… nor is the coarse tune. So rather than setting up one sample and automating those things, I’d have to map the sample multiple times, setting up a different start and coarse tune for each mapping.

Is that right? Someone please tell me there’s a faster way!

otristan
    Participant

For the coarse tune, you can use the Pitch knob instead.

Regarding start slice, you indeed need to patch the sample multiple time.

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

For the coarse tune, you can use the Pitch knob instead. Regarding start slice, you indeed need to patch the sample multiple time.

Great to see you here, Olivier – so we do have some (unofficial) UVI support after all – yipieee 🙂

pat
    Participant

For the coarse tune, you can use the Pitch knob instead. Regarding start slice, you indeed need to patch the sample multiple time.

yeah I worked it out with the pitch knob last night. Is there some way for me to set steps on it so I can get exact pitch amounts? Like say I want to set a range of +/- 12 semitones, and I want to change the pitch in semitone increments using host automation. How would I do that?

otristan
    Participant

Using a stepped mapper on the connection.

Thomas Helzle
    Keymaster

Yeah, a big welcome from me too Olivier!
    Good to have you around. 🙂

Cheers,

Tom

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.