Overtone Students – Granular Patch

• Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

So let’s start the sharing bit – here is a granular patch with 5 grain streams using a sample I made with students from a recent workshop where they play overtone textures on their respective instruments (or try to) in an ensemble situation. There is modulation going on for grain spread (delayed by a multi envelope), grain speed can be set with a Macro, in layer 2 there is a simple analog synth with an FX rack
    -> parallel bandpass filter modulation, creating the root note and some harmonics, both layers have their dedicated volume control, all other Macros are labelled self-explanatory, MW (modwheel) randomizes grain pitch.

You’re downloading this from a slower server as putting it on my amazon server would cost me more money 🙂

Download here.

Thomas Helzle
    Keymaster

Thanks Simon,

Sounds great! What instruments are the students playing in the sample?

Reminds me of a sound I once used in the score of a video on the planet neptune…

Download speed was good here 🙂

Cheers,

Tom

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Cheers, Tom – they were playing french horn, mandolin, acoustic guitar, clarinet and some other things I probably forgot 🙂 – the server isn’t really slow, but compared to my amazon server about 6 times slower so I perceive it as being very slow.

Thomas Helzle
    Keymaster

Cool, thanks for the info!

Well, I guess you are used to sending out gigabytes of data – for a mere 11 Mb, I wouldn’t worry about speed 😉

Cheers,

Tom

josey
    Participant

thanks

Frequency
    Participant

This patch is very good. The modulation within the multi-granular engine combined wth the unique sample work together very well. It inspires me.

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

This patch is very good. The modulation within the multi-granular engine combined wth the unique sample work together very well. It inspires me.

I’m happy to read this, spreading inspiration is always good 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.