How do you create your own soundbanks?

• ericklind
    Participant

Hi,

I’m rather new to Falcon, and part of the reason I purchased it is so that I can work on creating my own patches and such. I’ve gone through the tutorials to create my own Multis and Programs, but I don’t see any way to group them together into a soundbank. Is this even possible or do you need some special tool from UVI?

Thanks.

Erick

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

You can’t create those ufs-containers UVI uses (unless you buy iLok-licenses from them), but that’s not a problem, just create a folder (with the name of your library) anywhere on your HD, then create sub-folders for:

• Programs
    • Samples
    • Wavetables

and whatever else you want to include (e.g. images/impulse responses) – all of these can also have more sub-folders to group stuff together. Falcon will remember the paths of those assets and when you want to distribute/sell your libraries, just zip/rar that main folder. That way I have created and distributed dozens of Falcon libraries.

ericklind
    Participant

Do the licenses cost a lot? I searched through their site and didn’t find anything. Their site kinda sucks for support. This is all new to me. Part of why I purchased Falcon was to be able to create the sounds that I wanted, so I thought it might be interesting to create/sell soundbanks.

I did figure out that you could create and share programs, which is still pretty cool. 🙂

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

I am not allowed to tell you what the licensing costs (NDA), you have to ask UVI directly, sign an NDA and then they will tell you.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.