Falcon Videos&Tracks

• Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Just sharing a video I made this early morning during sunrise with a patch that uses samples of a sound sculpture made of giant springs (dry and processed – layered), plenty of Macro automation going on to shape the sound, effects, filters, waveshaper distortion, synced modulations – I love Falcon for it’s vast and endless sound sculpting possibilities!

Frequency
    Participant

Dense, it reminds me of Harry Bertoia. I like this.

BlueField
    Participant

Needs more host animation.   😉

This is the third time I’ve watched/listened to this. It’s great.

It’s mind opening to see other peoples’ creativity ‘worksheet’.

I’ve been watching your other vids.  Lot’s of good ‘stuff’ ….. but could you try to sound a little more relaxed?  😉

Falcon • Logic Pro

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Needs more host animation. 😉 This is the third time I’ve watched/listened to this. It’s great. It’s mind opening to see other peoples’ creativity ‘worksheet’. I’ve been watching your other vids. Lot’s of good ‘stuff’ ….. but could you try to sound a little more relaxed? 😉

Errr, relaxed? I sound as relaxed as I can be at a given time of the day, relaxation is totally overrated 🙂

BlueField
    Participant

Heh  … It was a little sarcasm  …. but meant as a compliment.

Falcon • Logic Pro

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Heh … It was a little sarcasm …. but meant as a compliment.

Thanks, that’s why I put a smiley at the end, I thought I got the sarcasm bit.

Babz
    Participant

Wow. Rich and strange. Brilliant.

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Wow. Rich and strange. Brilliant.

Thank you.

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Impact Scape Split – this patch combines 2 samples with electronic noise impact-sequences running in tempo-synced stretch mode/split across the keyboard with a tempo-synced synth sequence in layer 2 (the same synth sequence is layered in each split zone -> 2 dedicated keygroups) – plenty of Macro and modulation wheel action:

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Two fresh Falcon patches in action, plenty of Macro automation in LogicX, some modwheel/pitchbend action:

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Improvising live on video with a patch named Wonder Chimes:

pat
    Participant

IN-FREAKING-SANE

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Improvising with a single patch from the upcoming sound library Falcon Singles – HANG, some Macro/modwheel automation.

Patch description:

A long processed Hang scape exciting the resonators in the pluck oscillator, sample start is randomized. In a 2nd multi-granular oscillator there is a Hang tremolo texture played with hands on all pitches of the instrument, control it’s volume with the assigned Macro, grain speed/position are randomized.

Pluck osc is set to inharmonic/sustain/stretch mode, control the decay of the resonances and modulation of the stretch parameter via LFO with the assigned Macros. MW decouples the two strings, creating RM-like effects and randomizes grain pitch in OSC2. Tune string two up a perfect fifth/octave with a Macro (scaled via mapper).

More Macros let you dial in tempo-synced LP filter cutoff/resonance/drive modulation, Thorus/delay/reverb/limiter FX.

15 Macros and 2 switches are assigned.

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Jamming live on video with the patch Hang Loop Mix from Falcon Singles – Hang, demonstrating various features and Macro controls available in this patch, loops are running in tempo-synced stretch mode, in a second layer a deep sub-sine-gliss-drum is triggered by an arp – this can be mixed in to taste with a Macro.

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Live on video: demonstrating/improvising with the Falcon patch Granular Harmonics from Falcon Singles – HANG.

Patch description:

Wave-tabled/spectralized rubber-ball Hang textures running in multi-granular mode with zone crossfades between A#2 – G3 , two pitches were sampled at C1/C3, mapped one octave higher in Falcon (C3 sounds C2).
    Granular controls for speed/perforation/position (also via AT) are installed, MW randomizes grain pitch. An analog LP filter has a cutoff control, with the cutoff Macro dialed to the left, slow, tempo-synced filter modulation can be engaged with another Macro.
    In a 2nd layer there is an analog stack drone with PWM and filter modulation (on layer level), control overall volume and volume of the sub-oscillator (OSC4) with 2 Macros. More controls for Thorus/delay/reverb/limiter FX are available. 15 Macros and an on/off-switch for the limiter are installed.

All videos for this library are here:

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Four instances of Falcon using 4 patches (synced loops / bass / drone-pad / granular textures split) from Falcon Singles – HANG, some Macro/modwheel/volume automation and a limiter on the master output.

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Here comes a first demo for the Falcon patch Mallet Hang RR6 5Vel 9Pitches from Falcon Singles – HANG.

Multi-sampled Hang played with a hard felt mallet, all 9 pitches were sampled at 5 velocity layers / 6x round robin (270 samples are used in this patch – wav 48Khz/24 Bit/stereo – recorded in L-C-R with 3 Neumann microphones, all signals are phase-aligned). As the original tuning of the Hang deviates somewhat from the normal tempered tuning (between 17 and 42 cents above tempered tuning -> 440Hz) you can dial in tempered tuning with a Macro, dialed hard right all pitches are 100% tempered. Only the 9 original pitches are mapped in this patch.

Two key-switches let you select the round robin mode, KS1 located at C0 selects cycle round robin (all 6 samples in a chain are played consecutively), KS2 at D0 selects random cycle round robin (Each oscillator will always be triggered once per cycle. Additionally, the first note of a cycle will never be the same as the last note of the previous cycle, so there won’t be any direct repeats).

20+ Macros are available for full ADSR control, panning randomization per note, EQ with 3 bands, Thorus/delay/convolution/algorithmic reverb/compressor/maximizer. MW adds pitch randomization per note.

I’ll make a chromatic patch next, also adding round robin bass/sub samples from the backside of the instrument. Then there is the finger articulation to cut and edit (also 270 samples).

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

So here comes a demo with a chromatic version of the multi-sampled mallet Hang:

Two patches from Falcon Singles – HANG, one a multi-sampled Hang with a Hang bass in the lower half of the keyboard (Hang sample exciting the pluck oscillator in Falcon), the other a wavetable pad with the wavetable extracted form a Hang tremolo.

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Soundscape demo featuring a granular patch from Falcon Singles – HANG, some Macro automation, 100% Falcon.

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Demo for a single patch from Falcon Singles – HANG -> Hang FM

Description:

The lower three velocity layers from the mallet Hang, sampled at 6x round robin, layered with an FM synth in L2, running in unison mode (2 voices) with unison stereo spread and a bit of randomized unison detune. The FM synth has a dedicated volume control.
    A velocity sensitive waveshaper can be dialed in in the Hang layer, sustain/release for the Hang sound can be controlled with 2 Macros, more Macros are available for compressor/Thorus/delay/reverb/Maximizer FX.
    11 Macros and 2 switches are installed.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.