Falcon Save Keygroup Presets.. How?

• metric
    Participant

Hey, I bought Falcon recently and am a bit disappointed that there seems no way to load Keygroup Presets (with FX, Modulation etc.). Maybe am I missing something or there is a workaround?

What I would like to do is, for example, drop a Drum Sample from my DAW into Falcon and then go trough different Settings for the Keygroup that change FX and Modulation while keeping the Sample in place. (use it a lot in Kontakt (Snapshots) and can’t seem to reproduce the functionality here).

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Hi and welcome to the forum,

There is nothing like keygroup-presets in Falcon. You can save/load oscillators as presets – e.g. a multi-granular oscillator with all the parameter settings.

metric
    Participant

Hey, thanks for the reply! This is too bad to hear, I normally create new Sampler Patches on the Fly while working and this is pretty essential for me.

Is there at least a way to save an FX with it’s Modulation? For example save a LowPass Filter with a certain Velocity Modulation and recall it as preset? When I save presets for the Effects, the modulation settings are dropped.

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

A combination of modulators, filter, effects and oscillators can only be saved as a normal preset, you can load presets as layers in a program though if you want to try out alternative settings within a preset, then you can just copy/paste a given keygroup to the respective layer and check out how things sound with the alternative FX settings. All other presets (e.g. FX/filters) are static snapshots without the attached modulators.

metric
    Participant

Thanks for the reply! 🙂 Would there be a way to save a Patch and then just drag and drop to replace a Sample in the Keygroup? I have seen an option with “Apply Keygroup Template” but I’m wondering how to go about actually replacing the current file that is loaded into the Sampler Oscillator.

metric
    Participant

*never mind, it looks like this is a limitation of the VST-Xml format implementation when using falcon in cubase. It works when using audio files directly.

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Dragging+dropping new samples into existing keygroups is totally possible, everything stays intact, just the sample is replaced (and the loop is lost too of course, in case a loop was set in the existing sample).

metric
    Participant

Thanks, yeah I noticed that it is not possible when dragging from the Cubase/Nuendo Project Window (which in this case is VST-Xml format). Falcon only recognizes it when dragging onto the empty keygroup zone, but not on a loaded Sample Instance in that case. When dragging an Audio File directly it works in both cases.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by metric.

metric
    Participant

For new Falcon users in Cubase/Nuendo that encounter the same issue, I talked with the UVI support and it will be fixed in the near future so VST-XML also works when drag/dropping on the Sample Oscillators.

Sien
    Participant

There is another way that may be of use. Steps:

1. Save your preset like you normally do

2. double click the name of another “part”

3. Go to “Load as Layer” option. (This will load the selected path as new layer in the Program of the selected part )

This procedure will copy everything inside a layer incl. the macro’s

metric
    Participant

Thanks, yes that’s also the solution I ended up using. Works actually really well!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.