Falcon 1.4 released

• Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Changelog:

————
    – add support for MIDI and sample Drag’n’drop on multi envelope for features extraction
    – add search tab in right panel – add Scale script
    – add Polyphonic Seq script
    – add new Chorder script
    – add MIDI CC redirect script
    – add scale support in Step Line script – enhance Strum script

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Dragging and dropping samples or Midi sequences into the multi-envelope to create new envelope shapes is one of the new features in UVI Falcon version 1.4, in the video I’m using it on an FM operator.

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Dragging and dropping Midi sequences into the multi-envelope to create new envelope shapes, in the video I’m using the resulting envelope shapes on various parameters (WT phase distortion, filter cutoff).

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

The cool thing about the new d&d multi-envelope creation is, that now one can extract grooves from samples or Midi patterns which preserve the original (non-quantized) feel. And creating complex, non-rhythmical multi-envelope-shapes by dropping textural or abstract audio samples into the editor is also a big plus.

Tyxhos
    Participant

Very cool. How does one determine the length of the generated multi-envelope? Falcon decides? Can one generate an envelope of equal length as that of the used sample?

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Very cool. How does one determine the length of the generated multi-envelope? Falcon decides? Can one generate an envelope of equal length as that of the used sample?

As I understood it, Falcon will distribute the maximum of 256 multi envelope points in order to replicate the sample or Midi-sequence which was imported so the length should always match the original source, but that’s an early assumption which I have to double-check, as this new feature wasn’t beta-tested, so it’s brand-new to me as well.

Tyxhos
    Participant

I can imagine. But what will Falcon do with a 03:00min sample? It would be super cool if you could have the sample in one layer, then a synth in the second layer with a parameter modulated by a multi envelope of the same length that was generated by the sample in the first layer.

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

Processing one of my tom loops from Colliding Worlds for Groove Agent 4 (running in tempo-synced stretch-mode) with a multi-envelope controlled HP filter (and other things) in UVI Falcon, the envelope sequence was extracted from the same drum-loop. Basically this new function is a workaround for the missing audio input in Falcon where one could use the side-chain signal to trigger a follower which would modulate things.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.