Envelope Follower

• Frequency
    Participant

I am getting a bit of clicking going on when applying the layer envelope to a keygroup gain and setting the ratio to 0. This method seemed to work fine on others but this specific patch has an organ oscillator with an attack of 1.6 an clicks (pops) when played, yes the percussion is set to on but this is not the click I’m speaking about. It does not happen until I change the ratio to something below .9. I have taken to applying the linking layer envelope to pan and setting the ratio to 0 instead, now it is fine.

Frequency
    Participant

First page 2!! 🙂

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Frequency.

Thomas Helzle
    Keymaster

Heheh – you earned a rubber point of excellence… 😉

Cheers,

Tom

Frequency
    Participant

In that case bounce rubber head Thomas 😉

JoPo
    Participant

October 30, 2016 at 7:44 pm
    Fantastico ! Thanks a lot for this work around ! It opens a lot of nice possibilities…

It works perfectly on layer fx, but for some reason, not on LFO depth, for instance.

What I’m trying to achieve is to increase a layer level LFO depth with an envelope triggered by midi notes. With the 2° dummy keygroup or 2° dummy oscillator, I at least can modulate layer level FX ! Excellent ! But why not my layer LFO depth ?? Should not this be the same ?

I knew a Falcon forum was what was missing !

> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

You

October 30, 2016 at 7:44 pm Fantastico ! Thanks a lot for this work around ! It opens a lot of nice possibilities… It works perfectly on layer fx, but for some reason, not on LFO depth, for instance. What I’m trying to achieve is to increase a layer level LFO depth with an envelope triggered by midi notes. With the 2° dummy keygroup or 2° dummy oscillator, I at least can modulate layer level FX ! Excellent ! But why not my layer LFO depth ?? Should not this be the same ? I knew a Falcon forum was what was missing !

You have to turn up LFO depth to the maximum level you want, then you can modulate it – it works the same way like e.g. modulating oscillator gain or the volume of the operators in the FM synth.

JoPo
    Participant

Well… With a DAHDSR impossible… But with the other, it works ! Great !

Thanks a lot !

Now, Id’like to retrigger a layer LFO with each midi note… This sounds impossible.. Or maybe someone knows some other workaround !?

JoPo
    Participant

After claiming triggering layer level LFO with each midi note is impossible, I tried this with the same work around… And it works perfectly ! Eh eh……

So it’s perfectly possible to modulate program or layer level with almost all modulation sources triggered by midi note. When I purchased Falcon, just when UVI released it (the price was good for 1 month), it was the first question I asked to UVI support. And they never told me nothing about this work around..! I thought that it was such a pity !

The 2° message I sent them was about my surprise to see there is no UVI forum !

No, we have a forum where there is this essential work around..! 😉 Excellent !

Sampleconstruct
    Keymaster

After claiming triggering layer level LFO with each midi note is impossible, I tried this with the same work around… And it works perfectly ! Eh eh…… So it’s perfectly possible to modulate program or layer level with almost all modulation sources triggered by midi note. When I purchased Falcon, just when UVI released it (the price was good for 1 month), it was the first question I asked to UVI support. And they never told me nothing about this work around..! I thought that it was such a pity ! The 2° message I sent them was about my surprise to see there is no UVI forum ! No, we have a forum where there is this essential work around..! 😉 Excellent !

Well, it’s only monophonic, so it´s just a workaround, useful in many situations, but polyphonic/re-triggerng/per voice modulations still only happen on keygroup level.

JoPo
    Participant

Right, it couldn’t be non monophonic on program or layer level. But this allows a lot of things that are aften impossible in other vst’s. Such as using an envelope on the complete program mix, fx included, etc… Try to modulate, for instance, the pan in all Kontakt groups with an LFO triggered by only one midi note ; in order to have all the groups pan modulating exactly together and not retriggered on each midi note : just triggered one time by one note in the beginning of the track. That’s impossible. But in Falcon, with the work around, it’s possible.

As someone said, the work around can also be done by adding just a dummy oscillator instead of a keygroup and I’ll even say that one can turn off the oscillator, it still works perfectly !

estevancarlos
    Participant

Yes this is very confusing. Why can you assign modulators if they don’t do anything? I end up spending time and effort wondering, “Have I done something wrong, or is this a weird case that Falcon doesn’t support?”

This definitely falls under the category of bad UX. In principle you don’t want to lead a user to believe they can perform a task you know they can not. Even if it’s temporarily confusing.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.